Monday 5 December 2011

Merry Chri-NO!!!!!

Now, christmas is coming up and something has cropped up on me. Well, it snuck up and slapped my britishness round the face. For some reason, people are so scared to be racist, they are changing tradition.
First there was the shenanigans with England not being allowed to wear poppies during their game. Why? How does remembrance offend someone? Are people really that stupid? Remembrance day has been going for years and years and the poppy goes along with it. Its for remembering people who have died during wars, past and present, but its also for remembering people who have left us naturally. So disallowing proper remembrance is disrespectful straight off.
Now with christmas, this starts to get ridiculous. We aren't allowed to say 'Merry Christmas' to people and have to say 'Happy Holidays' instead. Why? Because apparently christmas is offensive. So, christmas, the holiday celebrated by quite a majority of the population whom a lot of aren't even christian, a holiday which has become essentially religion neutral, is now offensive. So we can't wish each other good will or anything. Sure its derived from a christian holiday, which in turn was a stolen pagan festival, but it has changed it something universal. Its the exchanging of gifts, the family get together and the christmas dinner. I couldn't care less about Jesus and his birth, in fact if I see another nativity play I will kill someone.
I would happily say 'Happy Diwali' to someone or wish someone well on their Bar Mitzvah. If someone said "God bless you" to me I wouldn't turn around, punch them in the face and shout "I DON'T BELIEVE IN HIM. YOU HAVE OFFENDED ME." No, it wouldn't bother me, not in the slightest. So if you get offended by me wishing you a Merry Christmas, tell me so I can punch you right in the nose for being a disrespectful, close minded idiot.
------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment